A Message to our Patients and their Families
As of July 20, 2020, in an effort to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in our community, all UMKC School of Dentistry clinics will be seeing PATIENTS OF RECORD FOR URGENT AND EMERGENCY APPOINTMENTS ONLY ON A VERY LIMITED BASIS. All appointments are by appointment only. NO WALK-IN EMERGENCY appointments at this time.
The following clinics are open with very limited spots available due to social distancing and new infection control protocols:
Pre-doctoral student clinics, Advanced Education Orthodontics, Advanced Education Endodontics, Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Advanced Education Periodontics, and Faculty Practice.
• If you have a student doctor, please contact your student doctor for an appointment if you have an emergency or an urgent need.
• If you are a patient of record HAVING PAIN and do not have a student assigned and have been seen in the last twelve months please call 816-235-2100.
• If you are a patient of an Advanced Education Clinic or please call that clinic for an appointment.
• If you are a patient of the Dental Faculty Practice, please call 816-235-2121 for an appointment.
UMKC School of Dentistry takes your health and welfare very seriously and have instituted many new protocols to help keep you safe. Please be aware of the following when coming to the dental school for an appointment:
1. You must wear a face covering in the building.
2. You will be asked a series of questions about your health. Please report any flu-like symptoms or illness.
3. You will have your temperature taken before entering the building,
4. No one is allowed in the building unless they have an appointment. Companions of patients, except legal guardian or one caregiver required for assistance, will be asked to remain in their personal vehicle or outside the facility and will be notified by mobile phone that the patient’s appointment is complete.