Cindy Amyot, RDH, EdD and Kylie Austin, RDH, MSDH
Online: August – December 2019
Deadline to Enroll: August 30, 2019
Course Number: 1907
Credits: 30.0 ADA-Recognized Hours
College Credit: Available upon request. UMKC fees per credit hours apply.
Audience: Dental Hygienists
- Designed to give practicing dental hygienist a core understanding of how to enter and work in the dental hygiene safety net
- Increase participant knowledge in the area of public health dentistry: health promotion, disease prevention, current legislation, evidenced-based treatment, school-based and portable dentistry, coalitions, treating geriatric and disabled populations, and writing and securing grant monies
- Provide background information needed to apply for and utilize ECP I and II permits
- Kansas State Dental Board currently requires educational component to obtain ECP II certification and this course fulfills the requirement
- Online access to 12 topic modules 24/7
- Discussion Board and Blog Posting with other participants
- Full semester to complete all 12 modules
- Computer with High Speed Internet Access
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Textbook: Concepts in Dental Public Health by Jill Mason, RDH, MPH (available on Amazon.com)
Dr. Cindy Amyot serves as Associate Dean for Instructional Technology and Faculty Development at the UMKC School of Dentistry.
Kylie Austin serves as adjunct faculty at the UMKC School of Dentistry and directs the Dental Hygiene Public Health Safety Net Course and ECP III course.
For additional information or to register, call 816-235-2142.