Online & One-Day In-Person Lab
Cindy Amyot, RDH, EdD
Kylie Austin, RDH, MSDH
Online Portion: January – May 2019
In-Person Lab: May 11, 2019 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the UMKC School of Dentistry
Deadline to Enroll: January 30, 2019
Course Number: 1901
Credits: 18.0 ADA-Recognized Hours
College Credit: Available upon request. UMKC fees per credit hours apply.
Audience: Dental Hygienists
- Designed to fulfill the Kansas State Dental Board requirement for dental hygienists who apply for an ECP III Dental Hygiene Permit
- Dental Hygienists with an ECP III certificate can practice under the sponsorship of a dentist in a variety of public health settings, including, schools and long-term care facilities in Kansas
Upon course completion, participants should be able to:
- Describe requirements of ECP III legislation
- Assess for recognition and subsequent referral for further dental care
- Remove decayed tooth structure using hand instruments
- Place various types of temporary restoration
- Adjust dentures to relieve sore spots
- Place temporary soft re-liners on dentures
- Smooth rough tooth surfaces using a slow speed hand piece
- Extract primary teeth with Class IV mobility
- Manage dental emergencies
- Understand various pharmacological agents such as antibiotics and antifungals.
- Online access to 12 topic modules 24/7
- Discussion Board and Blog Posting with other participants
- Full semester to complete all 12 modules
- One-day, in-person lab at the UMKC School of Dentistry
- Computer with High Speed Internet Access
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
Dr. Cindy Amyot serves as Associate Dean for Instructional Technology and Faculty Development at the UMKC School of Dentistry.
Kylie Austin serves as adjunct faculty at the UMKC School of Dentistry and directs the Dental Hygiene Public Health Safety Net Course and ECP III course.
For additional information or to register, call 816-235-2142.