The admissions process is a selective one. A number of factors will be considered by the admissions committee when selecting candidates for interview, they include:
- Minimum cumulative and science GPA of a 2.5
– Average accepted students’ science GPA: 3.4/cumulative GPA: 3.5
- Recommendation forms
- Commitment to service and leadership
- Investigation into dental hygiene
Once you complete the dental hygiene prerequisites, we invite you to apply to the division of dental hygiene.
1. Review the Dental Hygiene Admissions Prerequisites
2. Attend UMKC Dental Hygiene information session and/or meet with a Dental Hygienist advisor
3. Complete the UMKC application – select Want to Be a Dental Hygienist
4. Request all official college transcripts be sent to UMKC
5. Submit your Supplemental Materials* to firstname.lastname@example.org. All supplemental materials, with the exception of references, must be sent together. An incomplete supplemental application will not be accepted.
- Supplemental Application
- Transferology Report (if transfer student)
- Three references – have each reference send a reference form to email@example.com
All application materials are due by December 1st.
A select number of students will be invited for an interview.
All students will be notified of acceptance by April 1.
Current UMKC students transferring courses to another institution should not that ultimately it is the decision of the matriculating institution to determine transfer credit. If you have questions about how courses transfer, please first utilize the Transferology tool at www.transferology.com.