The admissions process is a selective one. A number of factors will be considered by the admissions committee when selecting candidates, they include:
- Minimum cumulative and science prerequisite GPA of a 2.75
– Average accepted students’ science GPA: 3.4/cumulative GPA: 3.5
- Reference letters
- Commitment to service and leadership
- Investigation into dental hygiene
- Personal Character
- August: Application opens for students who will have prerequisites completed by the end of the following Spring semester.
- December 1st: All application materials due. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- January-February: A select number of students will be invited for an interview.
- March: Students will be notified of admission decision.
- August: Admitted students begin coursework in the Dental Hygiene program.
How to Apply – Transfer Students
- Review the Dental Hygiene Admissions Prerequisites
- Complete the UMKC application – select the major Dental Hygiene BSDH – Want to Be a Dental Hygienist
- Request all official college transcripts be sent to UMKC
- All supplemental materials are submitted through the UMKC online application.
- Personal Statement
- 3 reference letters (one of which should be academic)
- Online application will request the names and email addresses of 3 references. References will be sent instructions for how to upload their reference letter.
- Submit the UMKC application fee
How to Apply – Currently-enrolled UMKC Students