The admissions process is a selective one. A number of factors will be considered by the admissions committee when selecting candidates for interview, they include:
- Minimum cumulative and science prerequisite GPA of a 2.75
– Average accepted students’ science GPA: 3.4/cumulative GPA: 3.5
- Recommendation letters
- Commitment to service and leadership
- Investigation into dental hygiene
Once you complete the dental hygiene prerequisites, we invite you to apply to the division of dental hygiene.
1. Review the Dental Hygiene Admissions Prerequisites
2. Attend UMKC Dental Hygiene information session and/or meet with a Dental Hygienist advisor
3. Complete the UMKC application – select the major Dental Hygiene BSDH – Want to Be a Dental Hygienist
4. Request all official college transcripts be sent to UMKC
5. All supplementalmaterials are submitted through the UMKC online application. An incomplete supplemental application will not be accepted.
- Supplemental Application including personal statement.
- Transferology Report (if transfer student)
- Three references (one of which should be academic)
All application materials are due by December 1st.
A select number of students will be invited for an interview.
All students will be notified of decision by March 1.
Current UMKC students transferring courses to another institution should note that ultimately it is the decision of the matriculating institution to determine transfer credit. If you have questions about how courses transfer, please first utilize the Transferology tool at www.transferology.com. Please reach out to our Dental Hygiene admissions coordinator for questions at email@example.com.