The UMKC School of Dentistry offers a STAHR Scholars Dentistry program (formerly the Admissions Enhancement Program). The mission of the UMKC STAHR Scholars Dentistry program is to develop culturally diverse candidates and candidates from underserved areas who are applying to the UMKC School of Dentistry within the next two years. The innovative 10-week summer program is intended to develop competitive health professions applicants who have the potential to care for residents of Missouri. The STAHR Scholars Dentistry program curriculum includes:
- Access to the DAT Bootcamp (with required daily assignments)
- SI (supplemental instruction) sessions in Biology, Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry
- Application and personal statement review
- Development of interviewing skills
- Comprehensive exposure to the field of dentistry, including dental pathways such as public health, research, pediatric dentistry, periodontics, etc.
2021 STAHR Scholars Dentistry program
Program Dates: Monday, May 31st – Friday, July 30th
*The 2021 STAHR Dentistry program will be conducted virtually.*
Accepted students in the STAHR Scholars Dentistry program must commit to the following:
- Making self-available for at least 30 hours per week, including live online sessions 3-4 days per week and daily assignments
- Taking the DAT in August, 2021 at student’s own expense
Participants who complete program requirements will receive a stipend from the STAHR program. This stipend can help cover the costs of applying to and interviewing with dental schools.
APPLY HERE – Application, including reference form and transcripts are due March 1st
For additional information, contact: