The Reserved Admissions Program for the Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at UMKC enables highly motivated Missouri and Kansas residents who are in their sophomore year of college to apply directly to the School of Dentistry for a reserved seat in a future dental class. Accepted students are able to participate in developmental opportunities with the Office of Student Programs throughout the remainder of their undergraduate years. Once candidates meet the full criteria they are allowed to by-pass the traditional dental application process for admission.
- 3.6 science and math GPA upon completion of fourth college semester (third semester if graduating in three years)
- Completion of 15 hours or more each semester
- Show a strong understanding of dentistry
- Exhibited a commitment to community service
Following application submission, candidates must:
- Maintain at 3.6 science and math GPA
- Complete 15 hours or more each semester
- Complete a bachelor’s degree, including the UMKC School of Dentistry prerequisites.
- Complete science prerequisites at a four-year college or university; no more than 60 hours will be accepted from the community college system
- Complete regular semester update forms
- Score a 19 on the DAT
- Complete a faculty interview.
Completion of the on-line application, including a $35.00 fee, is required. All applicants are subject to background checks and technical standards. Failure to meet any of the criteria will result in the loss of Reserved Admission Program status.
Applications are available from mid-May until July 1st.
RESERVED ADMISSIONS APPLICATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE