The Reserved Admissions Program for the Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at UMKC enables highly motivated Missouri and Kansas residents who are in their sophomore year of college to apply directly to the School of Dentistry for a reserved seat in a future dental class. Accepted students are able to participate in developmental opportunities with the Office of Student Programs throughout the remainder of their undergraduate years. Once candidates meet the full criteria they are allowed to by-pass the traditional dental application process for admission.
- 3.6 science and math GPA upon completion of fourth college semester (third semester if graduating in three years)
- Completion of 15 hours or more each semester
- Show a strong understanding of dentistry
- Exhibited a commitment to community service
Following application submission, candidates must:
- Maintain at 3.6 science and math GPA
- Complete 15 hours or more each semester
- Complete a bachelor’s degree, including the UMKC School of Dentistry prerequisites.
- Complete science prerequisites at a four-year college or university; no more than 60 hours will be accepted from the community college system
- Complete regular semester update forms
- Score a 19 on the DAT
- Complete a faculty interview.
- Complete the math and science GPA calculator spreadsheet to determine if you have the 3.6 math and science GPA needed to apply to the Reserved Admissions Program.
- Indicate the name of the course, year, semester, hours, and whether the course is a repeat. Indicate the letter grade you received and do not include +/-. The formula is already created within the spreadsheet so after inputting the information listed above, it will self-calculate your math and science GPA at the bottom.
- Include all college level math and science courses taken. If you have taken courses at multiple institutions, make sure you include all of the math and sciences courses in the spreadsheet.
- If you have retaken a math or science course, only include the grade you received on the most recent retake.
- If you have questions about whether a course is considered a math or science course you can refer to the ADEA AADSAS course subjects.
- Submit your saved math and science GPA calculation along with the rest of your application materials to email@example.com by July 1.
- Complete and return the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit official college transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and a digital personal photo along with your application and math/science GPA calculation to email@example.com by July 1.
Completion of the on-line application, including a $45.00 fee, is required. All applicants are subject to background checks and technical standards. Failure to meet any of the criteria will result in the loss of Reserved Admission Program status.
All application materials must be emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1st.