Carole McArthur, M.D., Ph.D.
Recent Publications (More articles at PubMed)
1. Vallari A, Bodelle P, Ngansop C, Makamche F, Ndembi N, Mbanya D, Kaptué L, Gürtler LG, McArthur CP, Devare SG, Brennan CA. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010 Jan; 26(1):109-15.
2. McArthur Carole, Noeske Juergen and Parrish Nicole. Chapter 22 HIV/TB Co-infection: A political call to action. In: HIV/AIDS in the Post HAART Era: Manifestations, Treatment and Epidemiology. John and Brian Hall Eds. Published by Peoples Publishing Company. August, 2011. ISBN: 978-1-60795-105-6
3. Eloise Rathbone-McCuan, Eve Lofthus and Carole McArthur. Chapter 27 “AIDS and Sex Work” In HIV/AIDS in the Post-HAART Era: Manifestations, Treatment and Epidemiology. John and Brian Hall Eds. 2011 ISBN: 978-1-60795-105-6
4. Bristow C, Babayeva B, Modarresi R, McArthur Carole, Kumar Santosh, Awasom Charles, Ayuk Leo, Njinda Achu Paul and Ronald Winston. The α test: Rapid Cell-Free CD4 enumeration using whole saliva. 2012 Journal of Visualized Experiments. J Vis Exp. 2012 May 16; (63:e3999).
5. Clara Lema, Kim Dionne, Karen Carroll, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk, Charles Awasom, Paul Achu and Nicole Parrish. “Evaluation of the ParaLens™ LED Microscope Attachment Versus Standard Fluorescence Microscopy for Detection of Mycobacteria”. Journal of Tuberculosis Research. Vol 1, No 2. 2013.
6. Ande A, Kumar S, McArthur C, Mitra A, and Kumar A "Tobacco smoking effect on HIV-1 pathogenesis: Role of cytochrome P450 isozymes". Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology. (July 4, 2013) (doi:10.1517/17425255.2013.816285.
7. Abrantes Pedro, McArthur Carole and Charlene Africa. Multi-drug resistant (MDR) oral Candida species isolated from HIV-positive patients in South Africa and Cameroon. Diagnostic Microbiology & Infectious Disease. Accepted manuscript (unedited version) available online: 26-NOV-2013DOI information: 10.1016/j.diagmicrobio.2013.09.016
8. Anusha Ande, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk, Charles Awasom, Paul Ngang Achu, Annette Njinda, Anantha Nookala, Stephen Simon, Anil Kumar, and Santosh Kumar. “Effect of mild to moderate drinking and smoking on viral load, cytokines and oxidative stress in HIV-1-infected Individuals. (Accepted Current HIV Research, Feb. 2013). PONE-D-14-37862R2
9. Earla Ravinder, Anusha Ande, Carole McArthur, Anil Kumar and Santosh Kumar. "Enhanced nicotine metabolism in HIV-1-positive smokers compared to HIV-negative smokers: Simultaneous determination of nicotine and its four metabolites in their plasma using a simple and sensitive ESI-LC-MS/MS technique," Drug Metabolism and Disposition. Drug Metab Dispos dmd.113.055186; published ahead of print December 3, 2013, doi:10.1124/dmd.113.055186
10. Jubilus J, Dionne K, Goster H, Ayuk L, Awasom C, Achu P, Noeske J, Warren R, McArthur Carole and N Parrish. "Phenotypic determination of Mycobacterium tuberculosis drug resistance in pulmonary TB patients in Cameroon". Submitted IJTLD-0527 (Accepted 3/11/15).
11. Parichat Salee, LaChia Harrison, Kim Dionne, Carole McArthur, and Nicole Parrish.
12. Kamalendra Singh, Jacqueline Flores, Karen Kirby, Ujwal Neogi, Anders Sonnerborg, Atsuko Hachiya, Kalyan Das, Eddy Arnold, Carole McArthur, Michael Parniak, Stefan Sarafianos. Drug Resistance in Non-B Subtype HIV-1: Impact of HIV-1 Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors. Viruses: Submitted 16 July 2014 (accepted August 2014)
13. Wang Y, Syed J, Shnyra A, Torres-Romero L, Molteni A, and Carole McArthur. NF-kB Controls Resistance of Human Salivary Gland (HSG) Cells to apoptosis in an in vitro model of Sjögren’s syndrome. Open Journal of Rheumatology and Autoimmune Diseases, 2014, 4, 178-191
14. Anusha Ande, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk, Charles Awesome, Paul Ngang Achu, Annette Njinda, Namita Sinha, Anantha Nookala, Stephen Simon, Anil Kumar and Santosh Kumar."Effect of mild-to-moderate smoking on viral load, cytokines, oxidative stress, and cytochrome P450 enzymes in HIV-infected individuals". (Submitted PLOS ONE August 22, 2014). Accepted February 2015 PONE-D-14-37862R2.
15. Abrantes Pedro, McArthur Carole P. and Charlene WJ Africa. Candida co-infection in HIV-positive women: affect of HAART on Candida species prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility. (Submitted 2015)
16. S. Bok1, S. Pathan1, A.J. Wood2, B. Chen1, C.J. Mathai1, K. Gangopadhyay1, S. Grant2, C. McArthur3 and S.Gangopadhyay1. Highly sensitive plasmonic grating platform for the detection of a wide range of infectious disease (Accepted 2015).
17. Parcel S, Gustafson Steven, Shnyra Alexandra, Aderosoye Adegbulu, Ying Liu, Nicole Parrish Jamal Syed, Eve Lofthus, Carolyn Henry, and Carole McArthur. Malaria over-diagnosis in Cameroon: Diagnostic accuracy of QBC FAST stain and LED Microscopy versus Giemsa and Bright Field Microscopy validated by polymerase chain reaction. (Submitted Jl of Malaria June, 2015).