Carole McArthur, M.D., Ph.D.
Recent Publications (More articles at PubMed)
1. Vallari A, Bodelle P, Ngansop C, Makamche F, Ndembi N, Mbanya D, Kaptué L, Gürtler LG, McArthur CP, Devare SG, Brennan CA. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010 Jan;26(1):109-15.
2. McArthur Carole, Noeske Juergen and Parrish Nicole. Chapter 22 HIV/TB Co-infection: A political call to action. In: HIV/AIDS in the Post HAART Era: Manifestations, Treatment and Epidemiology. John and Brian Hall Eds. Published by Peoples Publishing Company. August, 2011. ISBN: 978-1-60795-105-6
3. Eloise Rathbone-McCuan, Eve Lofthus and Carole McArthur. Chapter 27 “AIDS and Sex Work” In HIV/AIDS in the Post-HAART Era: Manifestations, Treatment and Epidemiology. John and Brian Hall Eds. 2011 ISBN: 978-1-60795-105-6
4. Bristow C, Babayeva B, Modarresi R, McArthur Carole, Kumar Santosh, Awasom Charles, Ayuk Leo, Njinda Achu Paul and Ronald Winston. The α test: Rapid Cell-Free CD4 enumeration using whole saliva. 2012 Journal of Visualized Experiments. J Vis Exp. 2012 May 16; (63:e3999).
5. Clara Lema, Kim Dionne, Karen Carroll, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk, Charles Awasom, Paul Achu and Nicole Parrish. “Evaluation of the ParaLens™ LED Microscope Attachment Versus Standard Fluorescence Microscopy for Detection of Mycobacteria”. Journal of Tuberculosis Research. Vol 1, No 2. 2013.
6. Ande A, Kumar S, McArthur C, Mitra A, and Kumar A "Tobacco smoking effect on HIV-1 pathogenesis: Role of cytochrome P450 isozymes". Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology. (July 4, 2013) (doi:10.1517/17425255.2013.816285.
7. Abrantes Pedro, McArthur Carole and Charlene Africa (MDR) of oral Candida species isolated from HIV patients in South Africa and Cameroon. Diag Microbiol Inf Dis 2014 79(2): 227-7
8. Anusha Ande, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk, Charles Awasom, Paul Ngang Achu, AnnetteNjinda, Anantha Nookala, Stephen Simon, Anil Kumar, and Santosh Kumar. “Effect of mild to moderate drinking and smoking on viral load, cytokines and oxidative stress in HIV-1-infected Individuals. (Current HIV Research, Feb. 2013). PONE-D-14-37862R2
9. Earla Ravinder, Anusha Ande, Carole McArthur, Anil Kumar and Santosh Kumar. "Enhanced nicotine metabolism in HIV-1-positive smokers compared to HIV-negative smokers: Simultaneous determination of nicotine and its four metabolites in their plasma using a simple and sensitive ESI-LC-MS/MS technique," Drug Metabolism and Disposition. Drug Metab Dispos dmd.113.055186; published ahead of print December 3, 2013, doi:10.1124/dmd.113.05518
10. Jubilus J, Dionne K, Osterhout G, Ayuk L, Awasom C, Achu P, Noeske J, Warren R, McArthur Carole and N Parrish. 2015 "Phenotypic determination of ycobacterium tuberculosis drug resistance in pulmonary TB patients in Cameroon: a Phenotypic susceptibility assay". Int Jl Tuberc Lung Dis 19 (7): 823-7
11. Parichat Salee, LaChia Harrison, Kim Dionne, Carole McArthur, and Nicole Parrish. "Combination of the by MODS Assay with the Sensititre MYCOTB Plate for Rapid Detection of MDR- and XDR-TB".Jl of Tub Res. 14, 2014 Vol.2 No.3, 101-105
12. Clara Lema, Kim Dionne, Karen Carroll, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk, Charles Awasom, Paul Achu and Nicole Parrish., 2013 “Evaluation of the ParaLens™ LED Microscope Attachment Versus Standard Fluorescence Microscopy for Detection of Mycobacteria”. Jl Tubercul Research. 2013 Vol 1, No 2. 14-16.
13. Kamalendra Singh, Jacqueline Flores, Karen Kirby, Ujwal Neogi, Anders Sonnerborg, Atsuko Hachiya, Kalyan Das, Eddy Arnold, Carole McArthur, Michael Parniak, Stefan Sarafianos. Drug Resistance in Non-B Subtype HIV-1: Impact of HIV-1 Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors. Viruses: Submitted 16 July 2014 Viruses 2014, 6, 3535-3562; doi:10.3390/v6093535
14. Wang Y, Syed J, Shnyra A, Torres-Romero L, Molteni A, and Carole McArthur. NF-kB Controls Resistance of Human Salivary Gland (HSG) Cells to apoptosis in an in vitro model of Sjögren’s syndrome. Open Journal of Rheumatology and Autoimmune Diseases, 2014, 4, 178-191
15. Anusha Ande, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk, Charles Awesome, Paul Ngang Achu, Annette Njinda, Namita Sinha, Anantha Nookala, Stephen Simon, Anil Kumar and Santosh Kumar. "Effect of mild-to-moderate smoking on viral load, cytokines, oxidative stress, and cytochrome P450 enzymes in HIV-infected individuals". (Submitted PLOS ONE August 22, 2014). Accepted February 2015 PONE-D-14-37862R2.
16. Abrantes Pedro, McArthur Carole and Charlene Africa. Multi-drug resistant (MDR) oral Candida species isolated from HIV-positive patients in South Africa and Cameroon. Biomedical Frontiers Supplement March 2015 DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.5074.8887
17. S. Bok1, S. Pathan1, A.J. Wood2, B. Chen1, C.J. Mathai1, K. Gangopadhyay1, S. Grant2, C. McArthur3 and S.Gangopadhyay1. Highly sensitive plasmonic grating platform for the detection of a wide range of infectious disease (Submitted 2015). Transducers 9, 2015, Anchorage, Alaska, USA. June 21-25, 201578-1-4799-8955-3/15/$31.00 ©2015 IEEE
18. Anusha Ande, Namita Sinha, PSS Rao, Carole McArthur, Leo Ayuk4, Paul Ngang Achu, Annette Njinda, Anil Kumar, and Santosh Kumar. Enhanced oxidative Stress following alcohol use in HIV+ patients. (Accepted Aids Res Ther, September 10th 2015).
19. Ande A, McArthur C, Ayuk L, Awasom C, Achu PN, Njinda A, Sinha N, Rao PS, Agudelo. M, Nookala AR, Simon S, Kumar A, Kumar. Effect of mild-to-moderate smoking on viral load, cytokines, oxidative stress, and cytochrome P450 enzymes in HIV-infected individuals. PLoS One. 2015 Apr 16;10 (4):e0122402. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0122402. World Biomedical Frontiers Supplement November, 2015: ISSN 2328-0166
20. Yan Wang, Sean Parsel, Alexander Shnyra, Nicole Parrish, Kyle Boyce and Carole McArthur. A-fodrin Autoantigen Detection in Saliva and on salivary Ductal cells in Sjogren’s syndrome. J. Dent.Sci. Ther. 2016 1(2); 5-14
21. Parcel S, Gustafson Steven, Shnyra Alexandra, Aderosoye Adegbulu, Ying Liu, Nicole Parrish Jamal Syed, Eve Lofthus, Carolyn Henry, and Carole McArthur. Malaria over-diagnosis in Cameroon: Diagnostic accuracy of QBC FAST stain and LED Microscopy versus Giemsa and Bright Field Micro accepted).
22. Mary Rodgers, Eduan Wilkerson, Ana Vallari, Carole McArthur, Larry Sthreshley, Catherine.Brennan, Gavin Cloherty, and Tulio de Oliveira. "Deep genetic diversity observed amongst sub-genomic and whole genome HIV-1 sequences from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 2001-2003." by Mary Rodgers, Eduan Wilkerson, Ana Vallari, Carole McArthur, Larry Sthreshley, Catherine Brennan, Gavin Cloherty, and Tulio de Oliveira. American Society of Microbiology. Submitted September 12, 2016