Jeffrey Gorski, Ph.D
Recent Publications (More articles at PubMed)
1. Gorski, J.P., “Is All Bone the Same—Distinctive Distributions and Properties of Noncollagenous Matrix Proteins in Lamellar Versus Woven Bone Imply Different Underlying Osteogenic Mechanisms,” Crit. Rev. Oral Biology and Medicine 9:201-223, 1998.
2. Kremer, E.A., Chen, Y., Suzuki, K., Nagase, H. and Gorski, J.P., “Hydroxyapatite Induces Autolytic Degradation and Inactivation of Matrix Metalloproteinases-1 and -3,” J. Bone Miner. Res. 13:1890-1902, 1998
3. Gorski, J.P. and Olsen, B.R., “Mutations in Extracellular Matrix Molecules,” Curr. Opin. Cell Biology, 10:586-593, 1998.
4. Srinivasan, R., Chen, B., Gorski, J.P. and George, A., “Recombinant Expression and Characterization of Dentin Matrix Protein 1,” Connective Tissue Research, 40:251-258, 1999.
5. Gorski, J.P., Apone, S., Shaffer, K.A., Batchelder, A., Jean, W., Williams, J.A., Shacter, E. and Eyre, D.R., “Hypercalcemia Occurring During Osteogenic Phase of Rat Marrow Ablation Model Coincides With Increased Bone Resorption Assessed by the NTx Marker,” Bone, 27: 103-110, 2000.
6. Qin, C., Brunn, J.C., Jones, J., George, A., Ramachandran, A., Gorski, J.P. and Butler, W.T., “A Comparative Study of Sialic Acid-rich Proteins in Bone and Dentin,” European J. Oral Biology, 109: 133-141, 2001.
7. Gorski, J.P., Liu, F.-T., Artigues, A., Castagna, F. and Osdoby, P., “New Alternatively Spliced Forms of Galectin-3, A Member of -Galactoside-Binding Animal Lectin Family, Contain Predicted Transmembrane Spanning Domain and Leucine Zipper Motif," J. Biol. Chem. 277: 18840-18848, 2002.
8. Midura, R.J., Wang, A., Lovitch, D., Law, D., Powell, K., and Gorski, J.P., “Bone Acidic Glycoprotein-75 Delineates the Extracellular Sites of Bone Sialoprotein Accumulation and Apatite Nucleation in UMR 106-01 BSP Cultures”, J. Biol. Chem. 279: 25464-25473, 2004.
9. Gorski, J.P., Wang, A., Law, D., Powell, K.K. and Midura, R.J., “Extracellular Bone Acidic Glycoprotein-75 Defines Condensed Mesenchyme Regions to be Mineralized and Localizes with Bone Sialoprotein during Intramembranous Bone Formation”, J. Biol. Chem.279:25455-25463, 2004.
10. Huffman, N.T., Keightley, A.J., Chaoying, C., Midura, R.J., Lovitch, D., and Gorski, J.P. “Association of Specific Proteolytic Processing of Bone Sialoprotein and Bone Acidic Glycoprotein-75 with Mineralization within Biomineralization Foci”, J. Biol. Chem., 282:26002-26013, 2007.
11. Midura , R.J., Vasanji, A., Su, X., Wang, A., Midura, S.B., and Gorski, J.P., “Calcospherulites Isolated from the Mineralization Front of Bone Induce the Mineralization of Type I Collagen”, Bone 41:1005-1016, 2007.
12. Gorski, J.P., Huffman, N.T., Cui, C., Henderson, E., Midura, R.J., and Seidah, N.G., “Potential role of proprotein convertase SKI-1 in the mineralization of primary bone”, Tissues, Cells, and Organs 189:25-32, 2008.
13. Midura, R.J., Midura, S., Vasanji, A., Su, X., and Gorski, J.P. “Isolation of calcospherulites from the mineralization front of bone”, Tissues, Cells, and Organs, 189:75-79, 2008.
14. Bonewald, L., Dallas, S.L., Gorski, J.P. “Biomineralization of bone (Chapter 10)”. In: Skeletal biology. Cold Spring Harbor, New York: Cold Spring Harbor Press. pp. 277-295, 2009.
15. Wang, C., Wang, Y., Huffman, N.T., Henderson, E., Cui, C., and Gorski, J.P., “Temporal analysis of individual biomineralization foci in UMR-106 osteoblastic cultures by confocal laser Raman microspectroscopy reveals synchronized protein changes preceding and accompanying nucleation of hydroxyapatite crystals”, J Biol Chem. 284:7100-7113, 2009.
16. Gorski JP, Huffman NT, Chittur S, Midura RJ, Black C, Oxford JT, Seidah NG. “Inhibition of SKI-1 proprotein convertase blocks transcription of key extracellular matrix genes regulating osteoblastic mineralization”. J Biol Chem 286:1836-1849, 2011.
17. Gorski JP. Biomineralization of bone: a fresh view of the roles of non-collagenous proteins. Front Biosci 17:2598-2621, 2011.
18. Studer, D, Hillman, T, Huffman, NT, and Gorski, JP. Eliminating exposure to aqueous solvents is necessary for early detection and ultrastructural elemental analysis of sites of calcium and phosphorus enrichment in mineralizing UMR106-01 osteoblastic cultures. Cells Tissues and Organs 194:138-45, 2011.
19. Midura, RJ, Midura, SB, Su, X, and Gorski, JP. Separation of newly formed bone from older compact bone reveals clear compositional differences in bone matrix, Bone 49:1365-1374, 2011.
20. Gorski, JP, “Regulation of proliferation and gene expression in osteoprogenitor cells, osteoblasts, and osteocytes (Chapter 2)“ in Phosphorylated Extracellular Matrix Proteins of Bone and Dentin, M. Goldberg, ed., Frontiers between Science and Clinic in Odontology Series, 2012, Bentham Science Publishers LTD, pp. 61-91.
21. Dusevich, V, Xu, C, Wang, Y, Walker, MP, and Gorski, JP. “Identification of a new protein-containing enamel matrix layer which bridges with the dentin-enamel junction of adult human teeth”, Archives of Oral Biology 57:1585-1594, 2012.
22. Xu, C, Reed, R, Gorski, JP, Wang, Y, and Walker, MP. “The distribution of carbonate in human enamel and its effect on structure and mechanical properties”, J. Materials Sci 47:8035-8043, 2012.
23. McGuire, JD, Mousa, AA, Zhang, B, Huffman, NT, Chandrabau, KB, Moradian-Oldak, J, Wang, Y, Keightley, AJ, Walker, MP, and Gorski, JP. “Extracts of irradiated human tooth crowns contain MMP-20 protein and activity,” J. of Dentistry 42:626-635, 2014.
24. McGuire, JD, Mousa, A, Dusevich, V, Walker, MP, Wang, Y, Gorski, JP. “Type VII collagen is enriched in the enamel organic matrix associated with the dentin-enamel junction of mature human teeth,” Bone 63:29-35, 2014.
25. McGuire, JD, Walker, MP, Dusevich, V, Wang, Y, and Gorski, JP. “Enamel organic matrix: its potential structural role in enamel and relationship to residual basement membrane constituents at the dentin enamel junction”, Connective Tiss. Res. 55 Suppl. 1:33-7, 2014.
26. McGuire, JD, Gorski, JP, Dusevich, V, Wang, Y, and Walker, MP. “Type IV Collagen is a Novel DEJ Biomarker that is Reduced by Radiotherapy”, J. Dental Research 93:1028-1034, 2014.
27. Reed, R, Xu, C, Liu, Y, Gorski, JP, Wang, Y, and Walker, MP. “Effect of Radiotherapy on Nano-mechanical Properties and Chemical Composition of Enamel and Dentin,” J of Dentistry, submitted 2014.
28. McGuire, JD, Walker, MP, Dusevich, V, Wang, Y, and Gorski, JP. “Enamel organic matrix: its potential structural role in enamel and relationship to residual basement membrane constituents at the dentin enamel junction”, Connective Tiss. Res., 55 Suppl. 1:33-37, 2014.
29. McGuire, JD, Gorski, JP, Dusevich, V, Wang, Y, and Walker, MP. “Type IV collagen is a novel DEJ biomarker that is reduced by radiotherapy”, J. Dental Research, 93:1028-1034, 2014.
30. Achilleos, A, Huffman, NT, Marcinkiewicyz, E., Seidah, NG, Chen, Q, Dallas, S, Trainor, PA and Gorski, JP. “MBTPS1/SKI-1/S1P proprotein convertase is required for ECM signaling and axial elongation during somitogenesis and vertebral development”, Human Molecular Genetics 24:2884-2898, 2015.
31. Reed R, Xu C, Liu Y, Gorski JP, Wang Y, Walker MP. “Radiotherapy effect on nano-mechanical properties and chemical composition of enamel and dentine,” Arch Oral Biol. 60:690-697, 2015.
32. Jeff P. Gorski, Nichole T. Huffman, Julian Vallejo, Leticia Brotto, Sridar V. Chittur, Anne