• The UMKC School of Dentistry originated from Kansas City Dental College, which was established in 1881.
• Today, the UMKC School of Dentistry is only public dental school in the state of Missouri.
• UMKC is the only school in the state of Missouri that offers advanced educational programs and clinical training in General Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontics, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, and Endodontics.
• About half of the dentists currently practicing in Missouri received their D.D.S. from the UMKC School of Dentistry.
• From the mid 1980’s, the available scholarship funds have grown from $35,000 to a projected $923,000 in awards for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Endowments for UMKC School of Dentistry exceed $20 million.
• Every year, faculty present professional papers at national and international meetings and conferences. Faculty members also maintain an active role in continuing education, creating and conducting local and national educational offerings to dental care professionals.
• The annual Midwest Dental Conference and Annual Meeting of the UMKC Dental Alumni Associations attracts over 3,500 dentists, dental hygienists and other attendees to Kansas City.
• UMKC has eight programs fully accredited by the American Dental Association's Commission on Dental Accreditation: Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dental Hygiene, Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontics, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and Endodontics.