UMKC SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY BULLETIN BOARD
A single location has been established within the School of Dentistry for external housing posts. Individuals and companies desiring to display housing opportunites may seek approval from the Office of Student Programs to display fliers on a centralized bulletin board within the 2nd floor canteen / cafeteria. This board is reserved for housing information and serves as an additional resource for opportunities within the Kansas City metropolitan area. Many of the fliers are from solicitors outside the Dental School and will not be displayed on this website.
SECTION 8 HOUSING
As a dental student you will most likely no longer have an income or it will be greatly reduced. Many students take advantage of Section 8 Housing Options. Section 8 is a rental assistance program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). It is designed to assist low-income families rent apartments, condominiums or homes in the private market. Longfellow Apartments (816-474-0067) and the Cooperative Townhouses in Riverside (816-741-7022) are two income based complexes popular with Dental Students. You may also visit the below sites to learn more.
www.kckha.org/ - Kansas City Kansas Housing Authority
www.hakc.org/ - Housing Authority of Kansas City
Kansas City Metropolitan Area
• Maps – click here http://visitkc.com/visitor_info/index.cfm?page=visitor_info_maps.htm
• KC Visitor’s Bureau – www.visitkc.com
• Overview & Metro Communities Descriptions – http://visitkc.com/visitor_info/index.cfm?page=visitor_info_aboutkc.htm
• Greater KC Chamber of Commerce – www.chambercommerce.com
• Kansas City’s largest newspaper offers daily housing listings and searches. www.Kansascity.com . The paper also offers an apartment search powered by
HOUSING LESS THAN ONE MILE FROM DENTAL SCHOOL w/ CURRENT DENTAL RESIDENTS
• Union Hill - www.unionhill.com
• Longfellow Heights – 816-474-0067 – find more details at www.apartmentguide.com
DISCLAIMER: This site has been setup to serve as an internal information site for the UMKC School of Dentistry. Postings do not constitute any type of endorsement from the School of Dentistry or UMKC. Additionally, the School of Dentistry does not guarantee the service or quality provided through the postings. All individuals are encouraged to thoroughly investigate all housing provided on this site and others for the Kansas City metropolitan area.